Monday, January 21, 2013

So, on Sunday morning, a group of us headed to Exmouth for the day. It was a cute little town, but on a Sunday morning it was absolutely, positively dead. There were a number of things we could have done .. if it wasn’t Sunday morning. We wanted to just spend some time by the ocean, but when we got down to it, our Aussies and then a load of us were freezing, so we ended up just slipping into a pub and having a nice lunch (it was the first time a number of us had eaten real food in days, so a Sunday roast was perfect!) and then heading back to uni.

In the picture above, I’m in the middle of two of my flatmates that headed out with the group that morning, Scott and Layla. They will probably be featured on this blog a lot – Scott is from my uni back home and we are in a class together, and Layla and I have sort of created a best friendship pretty quickly. I had class today, a lecture and a seminar for British Naval History: Ideology and Conflict. It seems to be a pretty interesting class for the most part, the professor seems to be a bit … not all there but he’s knowledgeable. I was the only girl and also the only American in my seminar, and I wasn’t able to access the documents yet because the IT program here is sort of a pain. Thankfully, a nice fellow took pity on me and let me look on with him, and then offered to show me around the city whenever I’d like.

No comments:

Post a Comment